As a consumer-direct company, our goal is to make the shipping process of your order as smooth as possible. Once your order is placed, you'll receive an order confirmation email. When your order ships, you'll receive a shipping confirmation email with your tracking details.
Click a heading below to learn about what to expect with your delivery.
In order to meet Covid-19 protocols, FedEx drivers can no longer request a physical signature from customers, but they should still be knocking on the door, ringing the doorbell, or using some other method to alert customers that they've arrived. Once they confirm that you are home, the driver will sign for the package on your behalf.
Before your bike ships: As long as you can provide us with the new shipping address before your ebike leaves our warehouse, we can make it happen! Contact us with the new shipping address at your earliest convenience.
After your bike ships: The shipping address cannot be changed after the order has been fulfilled from our warehouse.
After your order is fulfilled by our Warehouse team, a FedEx trailer will be loaded up with the package and will depart our facility. You can expect the “Travel History” on the FedEx website to not show any information for 24-48 hours while your package is directed to the first FedEx station. As soon as your package is sorted and scanned through the first FedEx station, the travel history will be populated. At this time, the FedEx website should display a more accurate delivery date estimate.
Please note that extended delays could occur during COVID-19, natural disasters, holidays, etc.
- Signature Required: While FedEx does require a signature for delivery, that signature doesn't have to be yours. If a family member, house-sitter, friend, or neighbor is available to receive the shipment, they can sign for the package as well. As long as they are 18 years of age or older, the FedEx river can collect a signature from them.
- Three Delivery Attempts: If no one is available to sign for the packages on the first delivery attempt, FedEx will generally make two more delivery attempts in the next two business days. After that, FedEx holds the packages for pickup at the nearest FedEx Ground Terminal, usually for about 5 business days. If the package is not retrieved within that time, it will be returned to Rad Power Bikes.
- Changing the Address: You're welcome to have your ebike shipped to a different address, where someone can receive this package for you if you're away from home. As long as you can provide us with the new shipping address before your ebike leaves our warehouse, we can make it happen! Contact us with the new shipping address. The shipping address cannot be changed after the order has been fulfilled from our warehouse.
- Hold At Location: Within the “Manage Delivery” option of your FedEx tracking number, you may have the option to “Hold at location.” This option will allow you to leave your item(s) at the nearest FedEx Ground or partnering location for pickup. Keep in mind that a bike package is rather large so make sure to have a vehicle large enough to carry it home! Certain locations are not able to accommodate this request due to the size and weight of the ebike package. As such, make sure to call your local FedEx Ground location prior to selecting this option.
- Vacation Hold: If you are already out of town when the bike is shipped to your home address, it is best to contact FedEx and arrange for a "vacation hold" on the package. This is when FedEx holds the packages at the closest FedEx facility, for up to 14 days, so that you can pick them up once you return from your trip. Once your ebike has shipped, you can call FedEx at 800-463-3339 and provide the tracking number for the package to make this happen. Alternatively, you can visit FedEx's website, and then click "Manage Delivery" under your name/address on the tracking number page. Please note that this option is not available in every city, and the maximum hold time is up to 14 days.
If your question is not addressed in this article, check out the Shipping Details article for more information. If there is an issue with your delivery, please contact us right away. We are happy to assist you!