Most ebikes by Rad Power Bikes have a suspension fork at the front of the bike, which come equipped with adjustment and lockout mechanisms on the top of the fork. The lockout and preload adjustment controls allow riders to choose the "ride feel" they like best.
- Locking out the fork creates a rigid fork fork, which can yield higher efficiency while pedaling and a more predictable ride depending on conditions such as terrain and cargo load. Some of our cargo-focused ebikes come equipped with a rigid fork to improve stability and give a consistent ride while carrying varying cargo loads.
- Adjusting the preload can dial in more suspension fork travel, making the fork squishier and riding on a rough road or trail surface feel smoother and more comfortable.
Watch the video below and follow the instructions to learn how to perform a suspension fork adjustment on your bike.
Click a heading below to learn more about the fork adjustment knobs and how to adjust the fork on your bike.
The lockout knob is on top of the right fork (on the rider's right side when they're on the bike).
The knob, when adjusted, will lockout the fork to be rigid.
Lockout the Fork
- On the RadRover, RadRover Step-Thru, RadMini, and RadMini Step-Thru, turn the knob counterclockwise until it stops.
- On the RadCity and RadCity Step-Thru, turn the lockout knob clockwise until it stops.
RadRover/RadMini lockout knob
RadCity lockout knob
The preload adjustment knob is on the left fork (2, on the rider's left side).
Use the preload adjustment knob to select the level of stiffness or softness of the fork-- as long as it is not locked out as a rigid fork.
Adjust the Preload
- Ensure the lockout lever is unlocked.
- Turn the preload adjustment knob clockwise toward the "+" to stiffen (add resistance) or counterclockwise toward the "-" to soften (reduce resistance).
RadRover/RadMini preload adjustment
RadCity preload adjustment