An Error 22 on the LCD display often indicates a throttle issue. On an LED display, Pedal Assist Level "1" will flash to display an Error 22.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the error so you can get back to riding Rad.
- Get the bike ready for maintenance. Turn off the bike, remove the battery, and press MODE or the power button to discharge remaining power.
- Locate the throttle connection. Trace the cable from the throttle to the connector.
- Unplug the throttle connector. Pull each side of the connector directly apart, without twisting, to unplug.
- Inspect the inside of the connector. If you notice any moisture, dirt, or damage, take photos and contact Rad Power Bikes Product Support for help.
- Reconnect the throttle connector. If the connector looks clean and normal, align the internal notches and pins (and external arrows) and press each side directly together, without twisting, to reconnect.
- Reinstall the battery and test the bike fully before riding.